Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

email account problems

I recently had issues with my ntlworld email account. My Windows Mail was constantly asking me to 'fix' my account settings in my ntlworld account. After some hassle I finally decided to change my password. Problem solved...........not quite. Yet again I have started to receive the dreaded 'fix account' notification, even though everything is ok. Changed password yet again and within 3 minutes 'fix account' appeared.

Can anyone explain just what is happening here.

When this first happened and I did change my password I noticed that my virginmedia email started to suffer from the same problem. Touch wood, that account seems to be operating quite smoothly but I fear it is just a matter of time before it follows its sibling. My gmail and live accounts seem to be totally unaffected by this issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: email account problems

Hi Bryzza,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the late reply, 

I'm sorry you've been having some issues with Windows mail.

How is it since you posted?

You can find some help regarding mail clients here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sad to say this problem has now infected my virginmedia.com email account too. I read a posting sometime back that identified a problem with older email accounts in the virginmedia family, and can only assume that it is still persisting. I have tried accessing my emails on various laptops ( 3 ) and have experienced the problem on all 3. Days can pass without any problem, and then ''BAM''. I have to 'fix' my accounts by signing in yet again with the same passwords. I really don't think that even changing your password helps. I recently did that and straight away my account requested I 'fix' it.

I suppose one remedy might be to remove the email accounts from my Mail box and just resort to accessing them via the virginmedia homepage, but this seems too much like yet another backward step.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bryzza, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with this. Can you run a virus scan on the network, once done change the password. If you are still having issues following this, we may need to re enable the mail box ^Chris 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This might sound silly but how do I run a virus check? I mean I have always enabled anti-virus gear on my laptop but are you talking about something else.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bryzza,

Thank you for coming back to us. I do apologise that this issue is ongoing.

If you already have anti-virus software on your laptop, you should be able to launch this programme and initiate a manual scan. If you're also able to scan for malware, that would be beneficial.

Silly question, have you tried removing and re-adding your email account within the third party clients to see if this helps?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos