Menu
alan59
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

email account problem with the hub 4

Hi I've got a couple of problems, I have just installed my new hub 4, and now when i log into my email account after a short while the little lock disappears and it says its not secure. it also opens my email account automatically even though I asked it not to save my password. any help would be much appreciated.

Alan 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: email account problem with the hub 4

Hello

The way the new webmail system works if you close the webpage that is loaded with webmail it doesn't log you out, as it uses cookies to store the login information, you have to physically logout, the cookie has a 7 day expiry.

With regards to the lock symbol What browser are  you using ? Have you tried a different browser ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

alan59
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for you're reply, I am using google chrome

Regards

Alan

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Alan

Just been testing myself and all seems okay for google chrome, can you please make sure that Chrome is upto date you can check by using this is the address bar chrome://settings/help

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@alan59 wrote:

I am using google chrome

I do not have Chrome installed at the moment but I can say for sure that both Edge and Firefox will show VM Webmail as insecure if the email that is being displayed includes an image from an http (insecure) site. The browser then shows that the whole webpage is insecure as it is not all on https.

As far as I know most browsers now adopt the same principle so I would expect Chrome to do that as well.

Note that you should have "Allow pre-loading of externally linked images" in your Webmail email settings unticked, (turned off). It sounds as though you have that turned on.

If downloading images is turned off by default VM webmail then allows you to "Show images" in an email if you trust the source of the email and are happy to have their inages downloaded.

Bear in mind that spammers and scammers often include images (sometimes "invisible" ones)  in their emails as a means of determining that the email has been opened by the receiver. If the image is downloaded that tells them to keep sending you even more junk.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer