Menu
Brinky
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

email account locked

Hi,

My virgin.net email account seems to have been locked since last Wednesday. Tried logging in on webmail, via Ms Outlook etc, keeps saying username or password wrong (even though I do know what my username & pwd are)

I suspect virgin have locked my account for some reason?  Tried doing a web chat yesterday, waited online for 6 hours, but no reply !  Trying another web chat today and I'm on hold on the phone, but  still waiting for a reply...

I can't log in, the reset password page doesn't work, I need to speak to someone to reset my email account.

HELP!  (please)

0 Kudos
Brinky
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: email account locked

Finally managed to speak to customer services (after being queued for 75 mins). Support case raised with their IT dept, haven't had a reply yet

0 Kudos
Brinky
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No contact from VirginMedia, so rang them again (after waiting for 4 days). Was promised a call back, but another 3 days later, still no call back and email still not working.

Not exactly what you would call decent customer service, very disappointing 😒

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Brinky 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

We have been aware of some email issues, have you since been able to log in to your email account normally? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Brinky
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie,

No, my email is still not working and nobody from VirginMedia has got back to me about the incident I raised with your helpdesk on 27th November, which I think is exceptionally poor. Incident ref P010283228.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with VirginMedia

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brinky, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have checked the IT ticket you referenced above and can see the IT team have looked into your email and confirmed everything looks in order and there should be no issues. 

Due to this I will be happy to try and change your password to your email on my side in order to get you in on your side. 

If this still doesn't work I will investigate further!

I'll send you a PM now so we can get this process started 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brinky, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have tried to look for your services however it seems you do not have a media account with us.

Can you confirm if this is indeed the case?

I am afraid that if you are in a situation where you opened an email back in the NTL days, you won't have an account with us. Due to this we have no control over your email ad I won't be able to assist with unblocking your email. 

Please let me know if you are an existing Virgin Media customer, or if you are with another provider but have an old email that you opened years ago.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos