cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email account disabled, unable to send or receive e-mail

davidhewitt27
Tuning in

my email account (ending @virginmedia.com) stopped working on 6th October 2021. I can neither send or receive email from the account. I established by looking at the account in web mail that the account is disabled, for no apparent reason. Despite regular calls and web chats with Customer Service Agents and Tech Support the issue remains unresolved. I have now resorted to using a gmail account instead, but would really like to at least retrieve any emails sent to me since 6th Oct. However there appears to be no-one at Virgin Media with sufficient technical skill to fix the problem, and I get nowhere ringing the call centre or using web chat. The extent of their knowledge appears to be to reset my password, which doesn't work and isn't the problem. I cannot get to speak with anyone above this rudimentary skill level. I even raised a complaint, but that was just closed after 28 days without any resolution. I have raised a fresh complaint,  but have little confidence that I will hear back.

Overall the service I have received is a disgrace, and the sheer frustration of this is driving me crazy.

How do I get to speak to a senior manager at VM who can explain to me what is going on, and why no-one can fix a simple account issue after 7 weeks?  

12 REPLIES 12

By the way I still cannot access my email via webmail.

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing @davidhewitt27,

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

....this happens every 4 to 6 weeks.  The solution has been for the virgin helpdesk to reset the password.  Today, since my wife's e mail is ...@VIRGIN.NET

we were told that the password needs to be reset by TalkTalk and I was given an 0345 number which seems either focussed on selling premium services or talktalk customers..

This seems utterly ridiculous as we try to find our way through the fog