cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email account deleted

yummie
Joining in

I have been unable to access my virgin.net email address for 4 weeks and when I live chatted with Virgin 2 weeks ago they informed me that my account was deleted.

I have lost all my contacts and some important information as I was given no warning that my account was about to be closed.

Can my account be restored please?

10 REPLIES 10

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, yummie,

Sorry to hear that your email address has been deleted. Do you currently have services with virgin media? If not, then it may be that the account would have been deleted as there is no media account attached. 

Cheers,

Corey C

We currently do not have other virgin media products but have always been able to access our email address until 3 weeks ago.

Why should this matter anyway?

Why were we not given any warning that our account was about to be closed?

yummie
Joining in

We do not have other virgin media products as they weren't available to us in our area. However we have always been able to use our email address until 3 weeks ago when the account was deleted by virgin without warning.

Why were we not informed before this happened?

Thanks for your reply, yummie,

It is part of the terms and conditions, however it is also generally understood that since the email address was provided along with the service, it will also leave when the service is cancelled.

Cheers,

Corey C

yummie
Joining in

But I didn't cancel the account.

I have had the email account for over 25 years without any problems.

Virgin media did not operate broadband in our postcode area when the email Address was created. So to say I have cancelled it is not correct.

You still haven't explained why the account was closed without prior warning.

I have lost some very important and personal information such as tributes from friends and family following my mother's death to name but one.

Had prior warning been made I could have taken steps to move stuff to another email address.

Is it not possible for the account to be reinstated so retrieval of vital items can be made?

Hi yummie,

In that case, if the email domain is a virgin.net account, it's possible that the account has just been locked has a security process.

Can you please try resetting your password and signing in again? If that doesn't work, just let us know and we can go from there.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth,

I have tried resetting my password but it hasn't worked.

When I was on live chat they said the account had been deleted so resetting wasn't an option.

It asks for the dates and amount of my last bill. I don't have a bill as It's a free email address only so it won't let me continue past that point.

Hi, I was advised to try to reset my virgin.net password to see if this would allow access to my emails. I have tried but failed.

Your live chat team advised me two weeks ago that the account had been deleted so why would a password reset work?

This was about three hours ago and I still haven't had any further information.

Beth one of your agents said if I couldn't get in she would take it from there. So I presume that meant she could try to retrieve some lost account details.

Can someone please look into this urgently as It's getting quite silly now.

Thanks for coming back to us.

If the reset hasn't worked then I am 99% sure it's been deleted. As Corey has advised above, emails do need to be on an active account for them to work. 

I will however send you a PM just so there can be no doubt on this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill