Menu
TDell
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

email access

We have a virginmedia email address that we have continued to use after moving house in November and cancelling our virginmedia account (we have not started a new one as we now live in a school with its own wifi).

We would like to continue using the virgin email address and can access it on our ipads but can not access on the laptop

1) Can you tell us how to keep using the email account if possible on lap tops as well

2) If the email account is going to close - is there some way to save all the emails we have in the inbox

3) If the email account is going to close - can it be extended son we can sort out all the emails?

Thank you

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: email access

Use of VMs email addresses and servers is only allowed for broadband customers.  The email addresses are supposed to close down and be deleted 90 days after your service ends.  This often extends for years if the deletion process fails somehow.

If you still have access anywhere - back it up NOW so you don't lose your data.  It might work on a laptop if you try the old password in an email client - thunderbird is freeand easy to use.  Then come back to this thread and ask VM staff to make sure the data is deleted so that hackers don't get access to your data.  (don't post the addresses here in the forum - they will get personal details by private message).

You can check for complete deletion by running the addresses through https://mailtester.com  Protect yourself!

Best wishes

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: email access

Hello

I am afraid that you cannot continue to use the email as you do not have a virginmedia account, under the T&C.

All VM can do is remove the email address normally this is done automatically 90 days after your account is terminated, but sometimes go on longer.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos