Menu
music4bev1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

e mail deleted by virigin 4 weeks ago

Hi   4 weeks ago had a email i used for everything , without notification virgin deleted the email addy  upon over 20 phone calls virigin gave me the runaround

even said that talk talk owned the domain , when i rang talk talk they denied this

inbetween had to change email and account , but i really need to access old as it has important documents accounts on it

hopefully someone can help out i am not very tech savvy

Thanks Bev

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: e mail deleted by virigin 4 weeks ago

If you are not a VM broadband customer then you should not have been surprised when your virgin.net email address was closed. You weren't entitled to use it. VM mail is strictly reserved for paying broadband customers only. 

Virgin.net addresses have a long history which is explained here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/m-p/3492073#M173058

As you had no contractual relationship with VM then you have nothing to fall back on. VM will not now give you access to the address. Why you relied on an ISP to store important documents beats me, frankly. If they were that important you should have made arrangements to have them downloaded to your PC/laptop so you would have control of their fate. That is always your responsibility and not the responsibility of any ISP you use.

Come back to this thread if you are a current, paying VM broadband customer. There may some small possibility that something can be rescued, but absolutely no guarantees.

Probably not the news you wanted to hear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

music4bev1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thank you for reply  

your right not what i want too read , but in your reply you said if i was a broadband customer i may have a chance 

i have been a broadband customer for 18yrs  with NTLworld then Virgin 

Look forward to your reply 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That reply was not what I expected to hear either. But for different reasons.  Is your NTL address visible when you log into My Virginmedia?  If it is then VM wouldn't have deleted it, just perhaps suspended the mailbox because spam was detected as coming from that account. If so change the password for the address and wait here for VM to unlock the mailbox. A VM staff member will respond in this thread.

If the address is not connected to your current account then VM need to see if it is still available. They can link it back to your current account but only at the expense of wiping clean any email addresses that have been set up on your account. Again wait here for a VM staff response and we'll see what they can do. But if it was avirgin.net address which has been deleted it is probably too late now. I said it was faint hope.

Edited in the light of the post below - thanks Graham_A

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The reference in the initial post to talk talk rather suggests that the email address concerned may be a virgin.net one originating from dial up days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @musicforbev1. 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues accessing the account, I can appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise. Thank you for your assistance with the matter @HowardML

I've managed to locate your account from your forum profile, and I can see there's an email address listed that's active. 

Could you please confirm how you're accessing the email? Do any error codes pop up when you try to log in? 

I'm going to send you a PM just to confirm some details with you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope, located in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos