Menu
ChrisChas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

e-mail address book

Concerning Address Book:

How do I get address book to show what I write in 'New Contact'?  My M-entry is full of "member/membership@" and my I-entry is even fuller of "info@".  This is time-wasting and useless. Does anyone have a solution to this? 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: e-mail address book

Hello

How are you access your address book is by Webmail or are you using a 3rrd party tools to access you emails.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ChrisChas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Mike. 

Not quite sure I understand your question (I'm 84 and not very tech-savvy!!).  I use Google chrome to give me Virginmedia, whose e-mail service I am using.  I suppose it is a Virginmedia.addressbook - it has their logo all over it.  Does this info. contain the answer to your question?  I hope so!

Regards,

ChrisChas

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisChas,

Thanks for your post, can you please clarify what issue you are having so we can understand try to help 

thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
ChrisChas
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

Thanks for your interest. -  Address Book used to accept what I entered for 'Add contact'.  So if e-mail address was 'customerservices@robinson.com', in the 'Create contact' window, I would write ROBINSON in the Title Box and the e-mail address only, and it would appear in the 'Rs' as expected in Address Book.  All well and good!

NOW, probably due to my having pressed the wrong key at some point, the entry is strictly alphabetical order of e-mail address.  The result is that my Address Book is cluttered with numerous 'info@ ,,, ...', member@ ... ...' etc.  The more I put in, the more useless it becomes as a directory.

I hope you follow my explanation of the problem.  Any help to return to normal would be enormously appreciated.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisChas,

Thank you for coming back to us, I have had a look into this and haven't managed to get the answer, can you try to restore settingds back to default to see if this reverts any changes.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@ChrisChas wrote:

Thanks for your interest. -  Address Book used to accept what I entered for 'Add contact'.  So if e-mail address was 'customerservices@robinson.com', in the 'Create contact' window, I would write ROBINSON in the Title Box and the e-mail address only, and it would appear in the 'Rs' as expected in Address Book.  All well and good!

NOW, probably due to my having pressed the wrong key at some point, the entry is strictly alphabetical order of e-mail address.  The result is that my Address Book is cluttered with numerous 'info@ ,,, ...', member@ ... ...' etc.  The more I put in, the more useless it becomes as a directory.

Fist issue is that Title is not an indexed property but email address is resulting in customerservices@robinson.com appearing under index C. To correct this edit the contact and move the Title text to Last name field. Note, default index order is by last name but if that is blank then first name is used.

Second issue of “numerous 'info@ ,,, ...', member@ ... ...' etc.”, this is due to default settings of:

• ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Automatically collect contacts in the folder "Collected addresses" while reading (located under Common section)
  • ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Automatically collect contacts in the folder "Collected addresses" while sending (located under Common section)

Deselect the above options, or at the very least the former, to stop / reduce the automatic collections of email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ChrisChas
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there whoever you are.

From the information you have provided I'm sure you have solved my problem.  So a massive 'Thank You' to you.  At 84 I do struggle with the modern technology that is increasingly necessary for life, especially during a pandemic.

Thank you and greetings for Christmas and 2021,

ChrisChas
ChrisChas
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,
I tried settings but no luck, thanks for looking into it. Someone else has come up with a post with the answer.
Regards,
ChrisChas
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisChas,

Thanks for the update.

So, just to confirm, have you been able to resolve the issue from advice provided on another thread? We'll be more than happy to look into this further for you if you are still having trouble.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos