cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail account locked from sending messages

ec100
Joining in

A secondary e-mail account is locked from sending.  I have received an e-mail from VM stating that this is due to the account possibly having been hacked & that it is sending out spam e-mail.  I have carefully followed the VM instructions in this e-mail running full virus scans on all devices on which I access this e-mail account, and resetting the password to a unique, secure one.  

I'm now able to access this account through the VM web portal and continue to receive e-mails to it.  There is no problem changing the pw for it (through the main account).  However, I remain unable to send e-mails from it.  When I try (from the VM portal) send fails and I receive a longish, technical message in a pop up.  I have cut and pasted the full message.  The first part (and the bit that I in part understand) is as follows:  "Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [....................@virginmedia.com] (421 - 421 4.1.0 SMTP417 Sending mailbox ......................@virginmedia.com is locked"

The account is my main work account and being unable to send from it is obviously very disruptive - and becoming rather stressful.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ec100,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your Email.

I can see that you spoke to us recently on the phone? Did the password reset not help with your email?

If not I will do my best to help you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

Thanks for responding.  No, I tried that process several times (and did virus scans) but I'm still unable to send from the account.  I can receive and view e-mails thankfully.

Hi ec100, thank you for getting back to us!

I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can look into this further for you. 

You will find the PM in the top right-hand corner of the page, in your Inbox. 

All the best! 

Molly

I also have the same problem which has been going on for 4 weeks now