Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

discontinued service

My estranged wife closed her ntl/Virgin e-mail account, me as a Secondary account holder. I understood  I couldnt send any e-mails but thought  [wrongly] my old e-mails would remain accessible.

I have some important e-mails [drafted in my Virgin e-mail account] ready to copy across and send using my current e-mail provider, but the Virgin sign-in page wont let me open without [1] a current Virgin e-mail address [which they rightly discontinued after x months after my wife closed her ntl/Virgin e-mail account] , [2] a bill [which we havent got because my wife closed her account] 

I cant even re-register as a 'new' My Virgin media customer , without a bill 

It seems the only hope is for Virgin to temporarily re-open my  e-mail account, even for a few minutes, so I can copy across drafted e-mails 

Please can anyone, esp. Virgin , help ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: discontinued service

Hello

As per the terms and conditions email account are reliant on having a VM broadband account, and normally will be closed 90 days after the account is closed.

I am afraid that VM will not re-enable the account see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks Mike , and for promptness . PS love your ambient album ! [ Endtroducing DJ Shadow...!  ] hee hee !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is a lesson in this thread for anyone tempted to use a secondary account, let alone an ISP linked secondary account. The account does NOT belong to you. It belongs to the primary account holder with whom the ISP has the contract and with whom the ISP has a legal relationship so it can enforce its terms and conditions against the account holder, whom it knows, not the users of that account.

Put another way the address was never yours , it always belonged to and was under the control of the primary account holder. So when they ceased to be VM broadband customers that secondary address ceased to be as well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos