Menu
read354
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

disapearing emails

Anybody else having this trouble . If i mistakenly delete a email ,when going to trash and moving it back into inbox, it disappears never to be seen again.  Why and where is it as usually its important .luckily I have gmail as a back up

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: disappearing emails

I will assume you are using webmail.  You need to make sure that you select the folder you want.  In the photograph of my screen, it looks like it is going to Inbox highlighted in red, but it is really going to the last folder selected.  In this case Purchases.  But if the folder is lower down on the screen, you won't see the grey highlight.

Does that help?  Play around with a few test emails and see if that is what has happened to you.

IMG_0067[1].JPG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
read354
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

that was the first thing i checked ,but no they completely disappear  not in any of the folder and hasn't appeared back in incoming

0 Kudos
read354
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no it looks like you were right .at least in the couple I tried

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I hope you eventually find the important ones.  It might help in future if you use the COPY function instead of MOVE.  Then if you can't find it,  you still have the copy to try again!

I can also recommend using an email client with a better search function.  My main email address has too many folders to count and I find a search function is very useful.  Thunderbird is free to use and has many good features, but there are others available.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks