cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting very old email address

ernie2009
Dialled in

hi everyone, over the past 2 hours ive spent 1 hour of it trying to get my old blueyonder email removed from my account as been hacked twice in past 6 months and now getting blackmail threats to this email after an hour on the phone i was told this old email would be removed and couldnt use it again. after an hour its still live so how long should i wait untill old email is deleted ?. 

48 REPLIES 48

hi @coenoby   yes i replied to lee instantly but for security purposes he was unable to help me.

just spoke with virgin media and being sorted as i type so many thanks to all who helped with this.

@ernie2009 wrote:
just spoke with virgin media and being sorted as i type…

……snip

Ah……….

Hi @ernie2009,

Glad to hear this has been sorted for you and if you need help with anything else, let me know!

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

many thanks ayisha_b and belated happy new year.

No problem at all @ernie2009, we are always happy to help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

an update on this is that after waiting almost 2 weeks 11 calls to virgin media and endless emails my blueyonder email is still live . dispite virgin media telling me its shut down im still getting emails to it . the lates email i got from virgin media only this morning asking me to call them but i have 11 times. happy new year.

Hi ernie2009, I am sorry to hear that the email address may still be live, would you be able to confirm if it is showing connected here, if it comes back with a red X it will prove that it has been deleted. ^Chris 

hi chris_w1    yes did that and came back with  

Valid email, with no high-risk factors detected: safe to send mail.  many thanks for getting touch.

Hi @ernie2009, I understand that you're currently chatting with a member of our team on this matter via our private messaging function.

Do please continue to liaise with my colleague, or if applicable, please provide us with an update on how the situation is currently looking?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn