Menu
JHagg
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

delete / remove ntlworld email account

Please Please someone tell me how to remove and delete my old ntlworld.com email account - it is being used for fraud.

I have tried 4 times now with Virgin to get this deleted and noting has happened.

i am now considering leaving Virgin all together

Any help would be appreciated

JH

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: delete / remove ntlworld email account

Hi there @JHagg

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post - I am sorry that you've experienced some issues with your email accounts recently. 

If your email is a primary email linked to an active account, this cannot be deleted. It would be best to log into the account and change the password to avoid any further issues. If you feel that the account has been hacked, we also have a dedicated webpage to help you out with that

Compromised Email Account

If the email is a secondary email linked to your active account, you can delete these from your MyVirginMedia account directly

1. Sign in to My Virgin Media
  2. Select My Profile at the top of the page
  3. Select the Manage accounts tab – from here you can manage any additional email addresses attached to your account including deletion

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JHagg
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Katie

Thank you for your reply.

I have changed my contact hotmail.co.uk account security however the ntlworld.com account does not have any facility to change passwords etc.

I receive spam and fraud attempts via the ntlworld.com account which has clearly been hacked !!!

How can i change passwords on the ntlworld account or do i need to leave Virgin media all together to resolve this issue?

Many thanks

JH 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If you cannot change the password this way then try the Forgotten password route.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JHagg
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Graham 

Thank you for your times responding.

However my primary account is my hotmail account which i can change password as you describe no problem.

The problem is the NTL world email account which i cannot alter change password or indeed log onto, i receive emails addressed to my old ntlworld email but receive them on my hotmail outlook inbox.

Most are people using the old ntlworld email address trying to log on to various shopping websites etc etc

Most frustrating I can't even block them!

JH

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So the ntlworld email account concerned does not show at all under your My Profile or Manage Accounts page?  In which case it is an 'orphaned' account and as such @Katie_WT may well be able to track it down and get it fully deleted.  She will probably contact you via Private Message to clear some security info with you.

However, if the ntlworld email address shows in the Virgin Media Mail section of the My Profile page then it will use the same password as that set in the username and password section at the top of the My Profile page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JHagg
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

Thank you for spending the time to resolve this issue.

On my profile page my contact is my hotmail email, however on Virgin media Mail address it is ntlworld.com

I cannot click on this ntlworld address i just het a no entry sign come up!

Just this motning i have received another 4 emails sent to my ntlworld requesting signing up to instagram etc

JH

0 Kudos
JHagg
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have received another lot of emails from ntlworld.com account which i cannot access to delete nor change any passwords. Please someone at Virgin look into this for me.
I am at the point of leaving my £95.00 per month account and going to BT
JH
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JHagg, thanks for the message, we will look in to this further for you and if needed delete this for you. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked at further for you. Chris. 

0 Kudos