cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete my old ntlworld.com email

ChrisS7
Tuning in

Hi,

I have an old ntlworld.com email account that I'd like to delete.  The password is not very secure and I believe has been compromised.  The account wasn't the main email linked to the original account from many years ago.  None of the links in the forum whereby I should be able to reset the password seem to recognise the address, so I can't even change the password to something more secure!

Would it be possible for someone to delete the account?

Many thanks for any help with this.

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisS7
Tuning in

Just to add, its confirmed that this account has been compromised.  The fact that the password cannot even be reset is very poor and a failing of the most basic of cyber security principals.  Please can this be addressed asap?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisS7

You might be able to reset the password yourself via the "Forgot your password" route,    https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password  

However, as part of their recent security upgrades that option now only works if there is a "Password recovery" question set in the My Virgin Media account for that email address.

Sadly, that effectively means that If the email account is not linked to a current VM broadband account the forgotten password reset option is unlikely to work.

The best option is for one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) to arrange to get that account deleted for you. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks