Menu
DJSaint
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

delete email address

I want a blueyonder email account DELETED please. I can't see any way of doing this, but it must be possible.

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: delete email address

@DJSaint wrote:

I want a blueyonder email account DELETED please. I can't see any way of doing this, but it must be possible.

Much depends on info that you have not yet provided.

If it's your primary email account for your current VM broadband account, it can't be deleted.
If it's an alias email account for your current VM broadband account, it can't be deleted.
If it's a secondary email account for your current VM broadband account, it can be deleted by you via your VM profile.
If it's any other email account for a defunct VM broadband account, or was set up before you took out a VM broadband account, it can't be deleted by you but the Forum Team can arrange deletion.

Take yer pick and let us know what's what.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That is precious little information to go on.

Are you still  VM broadband customer? Is the address you want to delete your primary log on address or is it a secondary address or an alias of the primary address or a secondary address. 

If it is the primary address or an alias within it it cannot be deleted. If it is a secondary, additional blueyonder mail box or an alias of it then the whole lot can be deleted but all the e-mails within that address will be deleted.

If it is none of these then wait here for the VM Forum Team to reach this thread and help, and also find out why you want to do something so drastic. Will take about a week.

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Snap, this time SDC got in first.

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
DJSaint
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It was the email I logged in to my account with until last night, but I have now replaced it with a gmail account as the log in.

I want rid of this email address as I am getting some very disturbing phishing emails to this account, which are causing great distress, which can't be blocked as they are coming from various sinister individuals who are using randomly produced multiple email addresses. I cannot handle the stress these emails are causing, even though I know they are fake they are very distressing and proving harmful to my health, and I need this whole email address to be gone.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We understand your predicament and distress. But it sounds like that the address is your VM primary address which can never be deleted. Even though you have replaced it with a Gmail address to log-in it still subsists underneath the GMail address and can never be deleted.  This is the way the VM systems are constructed and there is no way round it. The problem is not insoluble. If you do not log-in to the address for 150 consecutive days VM will deactivate it for e-mail purposes but it will remain your primary log-in address for as long as you are a VM customer. 

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@DJSaint wrote:

It was the email I logged in to my account with until last night, but I have now replaced it with a gmail account as the log in.
I want rid of this email address as I am getting some very disturbing phishing emails...

Seems to me that you have all of the bits for a different solution to your situation. You could turn off all user-controlled span filtering in VM webmail, auto-forward everything to your gmail account, and conduct your mail activity through gmail's system. The gmail spam filters catch all of the bad stuff, they are much better than VM's offerings. Besides, having an up-and-running gmail account will stand you in good stead if ever you leave VM, because your VM-based email service/accounts will shut down 90 days after your VM broadband account is closed.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@DJSaint wrote:

I want rid of this email address as I am getting some very disturbing phishing emails to this account, which are causing great distress…

There has been a recent rise in phishing emails that attempt to provoke a response by including personal information, for example:

• old password
  • contact number or a few of its digits

Check here https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to see if your email address has been noted in any known data breach

In truth the nefarious party knows nothing beyond the data quoted.

If appropriate consider reporting the matter to ActionFraud.