Menu
ClaireC742
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

closing and deleting a virgin.net email account

Can you pls confirm how to close a virgin.net email account and ensure that it is deleted / removed in total?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: closing and deleting a virgin.net email account

Hi there @ClaireC742

Welcome to our Community - cheers for your first ever post. This is certainly something we can assist you with; it can only be done manually from our end. There are some exceptions though. 

Is the email address in question linked to an active Virgin Media account? If so, if it is the primary email address, we cannot delete this. If it is linked to an active account but is a secondary email address, we can request that this is removed. 

Is the email address linked to an older no longer active Virgin Media account? If so, we can get this removed for you. All email addresses should be deleted within 90 days of you leaving our family - on occasion if the email address is still being activity used, it can miss the sweep and remain active. 

You can check if the email address in question is indeed active or not by checking at Mailtester.com

Please do pop back if your email address falls under the categories that we can perform the removal and we'll do all we can to help you out. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ClaireC742
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The email address is not primary and is showing as active so please advise how to close / delete?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @ClaireC742

Are you the account holder of the active account in question? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ClaireC742
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, it’s for my boss.  Is there an email address that he can send the request to? 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am afraid there is no email address for any form of support request.

He will need to contact us directly as he is the account holder, he can make a forum account and post in this thread and it will  be dealt with.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for that @DJ_Shadow1966

@ClaireC742 - our VIP is indeed correct.

As you are not the account holder, we cannot assist you with this request. Your boss would need to contact us directly so we can pass security with them directly. We can then lodge the IT ticket needed. 

If they are unable to pop along to our Community, they can either call us on 150/03454541111 or pop us a text on 07533051809. We do not have email for external/general correspondence. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is there a reason why the account holder cannot sign here My Virgin Media > My Profile > Manage Accounts and delete the secondary email address?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ClaireC742
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Katie, he has tried the text message route. Whilst they offered info there is no resolution.  I can only presume it is an automated response system?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @ClaireC742

Thanks for popping back - as long as he gets popped thorugh to the correct team, there is no reason they cannot help him. 

There is some auto messages; this is to ascertain the reasons for contact so the system can pop them through to the correct team for assistance. 

As this is a secondary account - there should be no reason as to why your boss cannot log into his online account and delete it from there as our VIP @用心棒 advised in their reply to this thread. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos