Menu
k10dda
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

cant view emails in web

i have 2 email addresses with ntlworld as the domain, i can only view 1 of the accounts. both accounts are using the same password.

this issue only started 2 days ago, i can see the email address but it says there is no emails to view. i know there is emails as i have sent emails from another account to both ntlworld email addresses

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant view emails in web

@k10dda wrote:

i can see the email address but it says there is no emails to view. i know there is emails as i have sent emails from another account to both ntlworld email addresses

Sign in to the account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and check whether any filter rules have been set up by clicking on the icons 1 to 4 as they come up:

filter rules steps.png

If there are any filter rules you should disable them and try sending a test message to the account to see if that arrives in the inbox.

If you did not set up the rules it means that someone has gained access to your account and you need to follow all the steps set out here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked to secure your account against another hack.

i have 2 email addresses with ntlworld as the domain, i can only view 1 of the accounts.

It would be helpful if you could explain why you cannot access the other account. 😉   For example, what error message you get when you try to sign in.

Also, it would be useful to know whether you have a Virgin Media broadband account and if you do, whether both the ntlworld addresses  are listed when you sign in to your "My Virgin Media" account (where you view your VM bills and package details).

Sign in from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn and check whether the addresses are listed when you click on "My profile" and then on "Manage accounts".

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi K10dda,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your emails looked into, I am sorry if it's been causing some confusion and frustration. 

I'll be more than happy to help, however before I do this, could you please follow @coenoby's advice as this could be incredibly useful. 

Could you also tell us if you get any error messages or codes when you try to login to the email address affected? 

Lastly, could I ask if you are still a Virgin Media customer or have you left us within the last few months?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
k10dda
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi coenoby

thx for your reply

i have checked the filter rules and there is no filter rules set up

when i check my virgin media account both email addresses are shown, from there i have changed the password for the account i cant view, i still cant see any emails in this account.

this is the msg i get

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

0 Kudos
k10dda
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi megan

i have tried what coenoby suggested and no change

the msg i get is 

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

yes i am still a virgin media customer

0 Kudos
k10dda
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi coenoby/ megan

thx for your replies

i have been messing about with the settings and passwords today. i can now see all emails from both addresses on my laptop, but i can only see emails from 1 address on mobile. both laptop and mobile are using google chrome to view email via virgin media website.

thx

lee

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi K10dda,

Thanks for coming back to us about this email issue, I am glad tweaking the settings has resolved it on your laptop 🙂

I understand it's still not working as it should on your mobile though. 

Can you please delete cache and cookies on your mobile browser and try again.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@k10dda wrote:

1)   the msg i get is  "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."

Then:

2) i have been messing about with the settings and passwords today. i can now see all emails from both addresses on my laptop, but i can only see emails from 1 address on mobile. both laptop and mobile are using google chrome to view email via virgin media website.

Statements 1) and 2) above are starting to give me a possible  scenario which might explain what I think you are describing.

I hesitate to ask this but do you still have a VM broadband account or are those ntlworld.com accounts just a legacy from the time when you or a family member had a broadband account with VM?

The error message you quote in 1) suggests to me that on your laptop you are using the additional accounts / Unified Mail option to view emails for your second ntlworld.com address in VM Webmail. Your comment in statement 2) "i can now see all emails from both addresses on my laptop" suggests that  you have mow resolved that by changing the settings so you can now see emails for both accounts in the same Webmail account.

Then, just to clarify does your comment in 2) "i can only see emails from 1 address on mobile............. using google chrome to view email via virgin media website." mean that you are trying to view emails for the problem email account on your mobile by signing directly into VM Webmail using the email address and password for that ntlworld account?

If that all sounds too complicated (sorry about that  😯  ) can you just answer my question do you still have a VM broadband account or are those ntlworld.com accounts just a legacy from the time when you had a broadband account with VM? 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos