cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get email

ron101
On our wavelength

1 o'clock yesterday was the last time I could read my email. Since then it has not been available.

I left it till today 21-04-2023 and it still is not available, my email & password are still all right and I have 2 ways of getting Emails, you & Gmail and they're both unavailable from you.

I can still Gmail & another virgin email address ok but not the main one.

Could you check it for me?

I get about 100+ emails a day.

I haven't checked your email for 3 - 4 mths cos my email goes through Thunderbird. I was only looking this morning at Virgin when I found out about VM.

I keep getting a window with 3 buttons "Retry, Enter a new password, Cancel" I put it in again but it doesn't get it.

Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ron101
On our wavelength

I crashed my pc just now so ive bin a little longer, anyway i have now at last, just waited for the password to and it was all right, thank you

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do you have a Virginmedia broadband account with that email address linked to it? If not the address may have been closed. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

ron101
On our wavelength

Yes, I've been with you (virgin) for 20+ since they took NTLWORLD I've got a Ntlworld account now and always have had one.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Log on to your MyVirginmedia account, look down the menu for email addresses and check that it is listed there. If it is then you should be able to regain access with a password change. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

ron101
On our wavelength

I go to "reset your username or passport" & I get OOOPS 404. I get it whatever I try to do. So I can not see whether they have my account or not.?

ron101
On our wavelength
I can still get on VM with my details though but I can not anything about email

ron101
On our wavelength
it says - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-unavailable -- Your mailbox is not available at the moment. and change your password - but can not see my user or password. - now I have reset my password, and I suppose I have to wait now?

ron101
On our wavelength

Mailbox App password management
Manage your Virgin Media Mail App Password

App passwords let you sign into your Virgin Media Mailbox from 3rd party apps on devices such as "Outlook" and "Mail" that don't support Multi Factor Authentication.

When setting up these applications the password generated on this page should be used.

Your password for Virgin Media services and webmail will remain unchanged.
Find out more about app passwords
Email address
[MOD EDIT: Removed] @ ntlworld.com
Password last changed
21/04/2023 12:26:03
App password

If you wish to generate a new app password please continue below.

Warning: This action will reset the password used for accessing your mailbox via 3rd party apps such as "Outlook" and "Mail". Please remember to update any applications you have already set-up, with this new password.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Wait an hour before trying again, and use webmail first with a browser rather that an email app, because that removes some complications. 

- jpeg1

ron101
On our wavelength

I crashed my pc just now so ive bin a little longer, anyway i have now at last, just waited for the password to and it was all right, thank you