cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant access emails

aliley
Joining in

Since buying a new phone but keeping my old sim card, i am unable to access my emails on my phone and laptop, says incorrect password but it is not incorrect !!

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If it's a problem with the laptop as well, it won't be anything to do with the new phone or the SIM.

Are you using email apps on those devices, or trying to connect to webmail using a browser?    Is this email address linked to a Virginmedia broadband account? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I use app on my phone and browser on laptop. My husband can access the email with the same password on his laptop!!  

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Just to be clear, 

You and your husband each have your own phone and laptop.You share the same email address. It's linked to your Virginmedia broadband account.

Your husband can access the email with his phone and laptop. You can't access the email with either.  Is that all right? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@aliley wrote:

i am unable to access my emails on my phone and laptop,

So exactly what error message are you seeing when you try to access the email account via the Virgin Media webmail service on the VM website?  You can do that from this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

I know that the email app on your phone is saying "incorrect password" but when email apps fail to access an email server they often default to reporting a password error even when the real cause of the problem lies elsewhere.

"My husband can access the email with the same password on his laptop!!"

That confirms my thinking that the error message from your email app may well be pointing us in the wrong direction and it's not a password issue with the account that's causing the problem. However it is strange that you don't seem to be able to access the account on the VM website from your laptop but your husband can on his.   

It is possible you are being affected by two separate issues here, one with your browser and another with your email app, and that's why the details of the error message you are getting from the VM website would be very useful.

I hope that makes sense.

Coenoby

Edited to add:  Sorry @jpeg1 , I didn't mean to butt in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You're welcome, @Coenoby 🙂

- jpeg1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @aliley, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding your email.

If you could kindly clarify what error message you're receiving if any, as @coenoby has mentioned that will be extremely helpful in us getting this resolved for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W