hi I have tried lots of times, different settings but account will not connect

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot get ntlworld acc working on win 10

are you still a VM customer? If so is the email linked to your current account? Have you had any breaks in service since it was setup

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The account works on iPad and phone

I cannot get it to work on win 10 pc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am a customer

Mail works on iPad and phone but not on win 10 mail

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well there you go then. Since email works in exactly the same way irrespective of the device and the program being used then if it works on your phone etc it should work on your laptop or PC. If it doesn't then it is down to the set up.

You helpfully don't tell us what e-mail program you are using on your win10 PC and what settings you have used, or what exactly happens when you try the set up so we have absolutely no idea what may be going on. We can't see what you see unless you tell us. However in an effort to be helpful look at this help page, use the recommended settings and tell us how you are getting on after you have tried them.  One interesting issue is that if you are trying to use Thunderbird on a PC etc, at the moment you will have to set it up manually. The auto-configuration files are broken, but are being fixed as I write.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-email-settings

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

[edited as I'm thinking on the go] It's the built in W10 Email Client (which is fairly rubbish, but does the job and includes a spell-check).  I use this and the settings are different to those on the above link.  The servers aren't virginmedia.com. 

The settings are as follows:  (on the advanced link, as per IMAP instructions)

Advanced mailbox settings:

INCOMING SERVER:

imap.ntlworld.com:993:1

OUTGOING SERVER:

smtp.ntlworld.com:465:1

All the boxes are ticked.

It seems the port numbers are required.

HTH and works.  Does for me.  Send an email from the email address to the email address to test it.  That should happen almost instantly if everything's correct.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi

firstly should the settings be virginmedia rather than ntlworld?
i have played with the settings numerous times and read all the old and new guidance before asking for help
When I save the settings I get prompted with "we could'nt access this account. NTLworld. You may need to update or give the account permission to sync to this device"

When I go back in my password is double in length ie duplicated, instead of password, it is passwordpassword
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have read old and new info on why ntlword does not work. I came to this forum as a last resort

The imap and smtp settings are set as imap.virginmedia.com:993:1, smtp.virginmedia.com:465:1 as per the latest info, not Ntlworld as cited in the doc you sent

When these are set there is a message banner that reads "we could,nt access this account Ntlworld. You might need to update your password or give the account persmission to sync to this device"

When I go back into settings I see that my password has now duplicated itseld ie instaed of being password, it is now passwordpassword (where password + the password I am using)

0 Kudos