Menu
Keith58
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

can't add email

Hi, for some reason my virgin media mail stopped sending e-mails on my mac running macOS Big Sur, so i thought i would delete the account and start over again, unfortunately i am unable to add my e-mail account, it says "unable to verify account name or password" i know they both correct because i can get my e-mails for my laptop and my iPhone, any help would be great

Thanks

Keith

0 Kudos
Keith58
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot create E-mail account

Hi, for some reason my virgin media mail stopped sending e-mails on my mac running macOS Big Sur, so i thought i would delete the account and start over again, unfortunately i am unable to add my e-mail account, it says "unable to verify account name or password" i know they both correct because i can get my e-mails for my laptop and my iPhone, any help would be great

Thanks

Keith

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot create E-mail account

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the Community Forums - I'm very sorry for our delayed response from here, and for the issue you've been having with your email account on your Mac. So just to confirm, it's only Apple Mail which you are experiencing the issues on?

I appreciate that you believe your password to be correct, but can I check that you have tried resetting it to help refresh your account? It may be that your passwords have become out of sync and so resetting it can help.

Let us know 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos