Menu
dsr1993
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

can't access virgin mail

so I can't access my virgin ntlworld mail, it's a mailbox I don't use much, but I have this email address set up on a few things that I can't change.  I can't seem to login.  i have changed my password this morning but it still hasn't help, who can I contact about this, has my email been cancelled and how can i get it back.  someone mentioned that it's only for 90 days, but i have had this email address for about 20 years and it hardly get used, just strange that it wouldn't be available all of a sudden.  when i go to the help pages, it just keeps redirecting me back to the beginning,  which isn't helpful at all

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: can't access virgin mail

are you a current VM customer and when was the last time you checked the email account
0 Kudos
dsr1993
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can't remember when I last checked it, but on Sunday it said I was using the wrong password and now it just say forbidden, used to get the emails in to my gmail account but now i am not getting anything and can't even log on.  I am a current VM customer, my email address in an NTLworld one but I access it the same way.  if I knew they were going to cancel it I would have made provisions

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@dsr1993 wrote:

I can't remember when I last checked it, but on Sunday it said I was using the wrong password and now it just say forbidden, used to get the emails in to my gmail account but now i am not getting anything and can't even log on.  I am a current VM customer, my email address in an NTLworld one but I access it the same way.  if I knew they were going to cancel it I would have made provisions

It may not have been cancelled.  The fact that you had forwarding set up to another account fits a recent pattern of email accounts locked by VM for security reasons.

The VM Forum Team should be able to investigate this further.  They will respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dsr1993,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your emails, thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

This is a problem we're having on our side and I'll be more than happy to try and resolve it over a PM with you.

I'll send this now so speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Dfr-danr
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue for 6 days and after 3 pointless, very long calls with VM am no further on. They simply don’t understand the problem. 
HELP!!!!!!

0 Kudos
dsr1993
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

403 forbidden

I still can’t log in to my web email, I have been having the problem for over a month now, nothing on the virgin media website tells me how to sort this out.  I still use this email address and I usually have the emails diverted to my gmail account.  How can I get in touch with a person that can help re instate my email address

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 403 forbidden

Hi dsr1993

I am sorry to hear of the email issues. I can see my colleague sent you a PM last week, please check the purple envelope and we can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dsr1993
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have nothing in the purple envelope, I had someone called Megan asking me on a thread for personal details which I’m not going to provide.  I appreciate since Covid you have less staff than normal but but if someone could please re instate my ntlworld email address that would be great

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dsr1993, 

Its Megan again, I can see you didn't respond to my PM asking for further account information. Just to confirm I am a Virgin Media employee and I need to ask security questions in order to help resolve issues on accounts. If you do not feel comfortable doing this here on the forums within a secure PM you can call the faults team on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 2 then 5.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos