Menu
Chobler
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

blueyonder password issues

Hi

I cannot remember my old blueyonder password so tried to reset it through my account on webmail.

It would not accept the change, now I am not able to log in at all.

Can it be reset by a Virgin Tech person please?

"The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them". The IMAP password looks editable but the SMTP side is greyed out.

How can I get back in? It's very important to me.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: blueyonder password issues

Password resets are via your My Virgin Media page not the webmail page.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chobler
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham

I have just checked as you advised and the account concerned is not listed as either a primary or secondary account.

But it's details are still in the webmail part with the option to change password. Trying to do that stopped it working.

I'm not sure I can do much more on my side but willing to try any advice.

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unfortunately that implies that your blueyonder email address is an orphaned account, no longer connected to your active Virgin media broadband account.

Have a look at this post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chobler
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

That makes sense, but my account has been active for many years and only tripped out when I tried to update the password via the webmail portal.

The address is still on the webmail portal but not accessible.

Can Virgin reassign the address to me do you think, or is it lost forever?

Luckily i have an archive back up, otherwise I would have lost bills and policies etc.

Now it's a hassle of logging into all of these to change my email address with them. I bet it will take me a day and I will still miss some.

Reading the article you kindly linked, it may be better to put these important links to a free provider rather than my ISP. Are there pros and cons? Any horror stories ?

Thanks for you help Graham, it is much appreciated.

0 Kudos