Menu
emailproblemer
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

blueyonder email hacked

I have a blueyonder email that has been hacked.  I still use this email but i am looking to change as soon as i can get this issue resolved and everyone transferred over.

I am no longer a virgin media customer and the site does not recognise my email to change the password.  I have received an email from the person who has hacked it pretending to be me and when i tried to reply to the email it gave me the address it had came from which was not a blueyonder email

how can i change the password?

thank you

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: blueyonder email hacked

@emailproblemer wrote:

how can i change the password?

If you have tried to change the password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password and received an error message to the effect that it does not recognise your email address then that suggests that VM have already deleted, or are in the process of deleting, the account. That means there is nothing more you personally can do. Edited to add - if you try that link, enter your full blueyonder address as the "Username" and follow the prompts.

VM say that once you close your VM broadband account you can only use any linked email accounts for 90 days and then those email accounts will be  deleted.  In reality they often leave it much longer before getting round to it but it does look as if your blueyonder account has run its course.

As you are no longer a VM customer all that VM can do for you is to ensure that your blueyonder address is fully deleted. One of the Forum Team (VM employees) will contact you via this thread and take the details from you via the forum's Private Message (PM) facility.

Regarding the email you received for the hacker. When you say " i tried to reply to the email it gave me the address it had came from which was not a blueyonder email" that suggests that the 'hacker' does not have access to your account at all and has simply spoofed the address so that the message only appears to come from your blueyonder address. Unfortunately, they are still be able to do that even after the spoofed address has been deleted.

The Forum Team should pick up your post in the next day or so and ensure that the account has been fully deleted.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: blueyonder email hacked

Hi emailproblemer,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forum! I'm sorry that you've had this problem with your email address.

I would like to look into this further for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos