cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blueyonder.co.uk e-mail not working any more

jameshelm
Joining in

Hi my secondry e-mail has stopped working as of yesterday. i think it might of been marked as orphaned. The thing is i am still with virgin media broadband albeit the business side. Can someone advise if this can be restored ?

Thanks James

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jameshelm wrote:

Hi my secondry e-mail has stopped working as of yesterday. i think it might of been marked as orphaned. The thing is i am still with virgin media broadband albeit the business side. Can someone advise if this can be restored ?

Thanks James

Unfortunately if you no longer have a Virgin Media residential broadband account the VM staff will not be able to assist with access to the orphaned account. The email addresses from your previous residential account should have closed 90 days after you ceased to be a residential customer.  VM business broadband does not come with an email add on. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham but I think that as a virgin customer they should honour there e-mail comitments. I have been with them for 20 odd years and they did not give me any notice of closure. Funilly enough my primary blueyonder e-mail is still working perhaps that is about to get stopped.

Do you have any numbers i could ring to speak to a person who knows what this problem is about ?

Thanks james

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jameshelm Calling the customer service line is likely to be a frustrating experience for issues such as this.

Your best option is to wait for the VM Forum Team staff to reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have tried to sign in on the virgin media homepage for both the working and the non working e-mail addresses and both wont let me in. But my outlook lets me in to my primary still, how strange.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jameshelm,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are unable to access your email account. 

The advise given by @Graham_A is correct.

You would need to have an active residential broadband service with us to use our email services.

If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end. The mailbox is usually deleted within 90 days. 

Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

In that case why did the virgin business not tell me that i would lose my e-mail addresses?

I am a little irate in the fact i still pay for virgin broadband albeit business and no longer have e-mails.

Perhaps i should cancel with virgin and move elsewhere

Is there any temporary sollution as i need to get access to those messages. 

I can appreciate it is frustrating however as per the terms and conditions, the email ad on is only available for Virgin Media Residential broadband customers and upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice.

I will drop you a PM now so I can access your previous account and we can go from there. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jameshelm,

Thanks for taking the time out to speak with me via PM. 

Glad to hear your email account is working fine now. 

I would advise backing up any important emails you have though, as there is no guarantee you will always have access to the mailbox given that you no longer have a residential account with us. 

Hope you have a lovely weekend 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team