Menu
Durrant11
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

alternative email address on my email

Can you please delete the alternate email addresses on my email account as they are not linked to me. One is a MySpace account which is not mine

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: alternative email address on my email

@Durrant11 wrote:

Can you please delete the alternate email addresses on my email account as they are not linked to me. One is a MySpace account which is not mine

If you are currently a Virgin Media Broadband account holder and those email addresses are appearing in the list of accounts in your 'My Virgin Media' account they are by definition linked to you. They must have been created either by you, or someone-else, using your 'My Virgin Media' account.

Sorry, but I cannot help feeling there is more going on here than we know.

How did you find out about the MySpace account? Also. I am struggling to think why someone would use your email address rather than their own for their MySpace account. Perhaps you know the person who set up the MySpace account?

Obviously you don't have to answer those questions but the little titbits of information you have given are intriguing.

If one of your email addresses has been used as the username for other online accounts that you know nothing about then that email account has potentially  been hacked. You should consider following all the advice here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked to secure that account.

The MySpace account issue is a further complication. Deleting the VM email account will not delete the MySpace account. The person using it will still continue to be able to sign in to the MySpace account using your email address because MySpace will not be validating the email address each time. Therefore you need to contact MySpace about that MySpace account.

If you are still sure you want to delete these email addresses you should be able to do that through your 'My Virgin Media' account:

1)  Sign in to your 'My Virgin Media' account https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

2)  Go to "My profile" then "Manage accounts" and see if the problematic accounts are listed there. if they are, click on "View/change" and see if you have the option to delete the account.

However, the fact you say "alternate" email addresses raises the possibility of a complication. If your email accounts are @blueyonder addresses they may be so called "alias" addresses.  Deleting blueyonder alias addresses is complex.

If they are aliases of Secondary email accounts then you can delete them from your My Virgin Media account under the My Profile, Manage Accounts tab as set out above.

Deleting Blueyonder accounts that are aliases of the Primary email account is very tricky, long winded and risky.

If you do not have the option to delete the accounts yourself this will need to be picked up by one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum.

See how you get on deleting those addresses yourself and post back here to let us know one way or the other.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: alternative email address on my email

Hi Durrant11, thanks for your post.

Further to the advice above - in some cases it is possible to delete an email address. We can't do it if it's the primary email address on an account, and it's something we can only do for an account holder once a security check has been completed.

If you can give us a bit more info around the circumstances we may be able to help further?

Tom 

0 Kudos