Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

activating new email account

Trying to activate new email . Confirmation goes to an old account but no activation button there

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: activating new email account

Is this a VM email account?  How have you created it?  The help file can be found here: virgin-media-mail-how-to-create-a-new-email-address

As far as I recall there is no requirement to activate the account once it is created.

The only time you have to confirm a change is if you change the username of an email account to a third party one that you already have access to.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

One mail is my original Ntlworld address which is receiving the activate email . The new one is Virgin media which I am trying to get to work but cannot receive any mail at the moment .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi paushe, are you still unable to send/receive emails for the new account at this stage?

I wasn't 100% myself, but have checked with a colleague who confirmed what Graham_A advised above, unless it's a 3rd party email there shouldn't be a need to activate it.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Having received good advice on here , I am of the opinion that , Maybe the problem lies with the mail app on windows 10 . I will be looking for an alternative mail app , Any recommendations ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just tried Thunderbird , Same thing , Cannot get confirmation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@paushe wrote:

Just tried Thunderbird , Same thing , Cannot authenticate . The address in question is "xxxxxxxx@virginmedia.com"

Big mistake to post your fledgling address here. You may be in time to edit it out of your post but I have flagged it up to the Forum Moderators.

You would be well advise not to go ahead with opening an email account with that address - it will almost certainly have been picked up and in the hands of scammers by the morning.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@paushe wrote:

Just tried Thunderbird , Same thing , Cannot get confirmation

I suggest that you look again at Graham_A's original post especially this bit:Smiley Wink

"The only time you have to confirm a change is if you change the username of an email account to a third party one that you already have access to."

The way to open a new VM Email account is to go to the link that Graham provided and follow the instructions there. Here is that link again https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-create-a-new-email-address That will work fine and you will not be asked to authenticate the address.

As I said though, I would advise against opening an account with exactly the same address you quoted in you last post. It could be a spam magnet already.

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok . Successfully set up an alternative email . I do not know what happened with the other address , Thank You all for your help .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@paushe wrote:

Ok . Successfully set up an alternative email .

That's good news. I'm glad you got it sorted. It's easy (sort of) when you know how but the VM system is not always intuitive. Smiley Wink

Coenoby

0 Kudos