Menu
hotmud
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Youtube notifications in Junk Mail

My youtube notification emails keep ending up in junk mail. I keep moving them to my inbox in the hope the system will learn they are not spam, but it still happens. How do I whitelist them?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube notifications in Junk Mail

How do I manage my email spam settings?

Last updated: March 5, 2018

With Virgin Media Mail, where we identify an email message as potential SPAM we move those messages into the 'Spam folder' automatically.

Marking an email as SPAM or NOT SPAM in Virgin Media Mail will move that email to the relevant folder, but doesn't maintain that choice for future messages for that sender.

To permanently block an email from a particular sender that you identify as SPAM but the SPAM filter does not, you can set up a filter to delete any future messages. For more information on setting up a filter check Using Filters in Virgin Media Mail.

If emails from a particular sender are being identified incorrectly as SPAM, save the sender as a contact. This will ensure that you receive all messages from that sender and their messages won't be identified as SPAM. For more information on how to add a contact, check Using the Address Book in Virgin Media Mail.

[source: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-spam-settings]

@hotmud  the last quoted paragraph maybe of help where it suggests adding the contact to your address book.

@ModTeam  the second paragraph where it states “… doesn't maintain that choice for future messages for that sender.”, if that is the case then what  point is there for marking messages as spam or not spam?

0 Kudos
hotmud
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thx, will give that a try
0 Kudos
hotmud
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still getting YT notifications in Junk Mail after adding the contact. Some are appearing in my inbox but others are in Junk still.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'd be interested to see the email headers of one of these mails.  It might tell us more.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
hotmud
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PM sent

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Strange

The headers you've sent me don't appear to have been anywhere near a Virgin Media email server, looking at the email delivery line:

Received: ⁨from mail-sor-f69.google.com (mail-sor-f69.google.com. [209.85.220.69]) by mx.google.com with SMTPS id 185sor10432695itm.25.2019.05.22.14.35.46 for <redacted> (Google Transport Security); Wed, 22 May 2019 14:35:46 -0700 (PDT)⁩

This appears to have been delivered to either a gmail address or an address whose email is managed by Google.  (Virgin Media haven't used Google's service since 2015).

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos