Menu
oldgit19
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your ntlworld account settings are out of date

Today is the fifth day since this problem appeared, it only affects my primary email account and I'm unable to access the system in any way to correct it. As I'm out of contract I have Cancelled my Direct Debit Mandate hoping this will encourage Virgin to correct the problem.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your ntlworld account settings are out of date

Hello

Cancelling your Direct Debit is not a good way to go, as soon as bill is due to be taken, VM will suspend your services, mark your credit file, and potentially transfer the debit to the collectors.

When you try and login into your email what is happening when using webmail at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Excellent move. You did absolutely the right thing to ensure that VM will initiate the collection process against you, charge you late payment fees when the direct debit is returned unpaid and in due course pass your unpaid bills to the debt collection agency they use and put an adverse mark on your credit record which will endure for the next six years. You are now in breach of contract and no argument on your side has any validity.

Second, if the error message you are seeing is exactly as reported then it is nothing to do with  VM's mail system (which does have an issue at the moment). It is a common windows error which can be resolved. So that's down to you not VM. So cancelling your direct debit will have exactly the opposite effect of what you intend. 

Clear?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
oldgit19
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJ Shadow1966, the answer to your enquiry is as follows,

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Regards Ian

0 Kudos
oldgit19
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Howard,

This is the message I receive when I attempt to access my mail box.

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

and when I attempt to access VM I hit a brick wall, I have attempted to contact VM to inform them a months notice that I'm leaving, when I filled out their leaving form the system refused to send it, so I accessed their system by claiming I was moving and left the message with them.

regards Ian 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will have to untangle your mess over leaving.  For heaven's sake during the virus emergency it is not uncommon for businesses to have had difficulty in keeping up with administrative issues. VM are no different and have been trying their best in difficult circumstances when they have lost a majority of their support provision because of overseas lockdowns affecting their call centres.

Now that we know the real error that yu are seeing (helps if we get the right information first time and not have to drag out the conversation) we can tell you that you are likely to have been affected by the VM mail system error that is currently affecting a large number mail boxes. 

You only have to read the E-mail section of the Forum to see that.

The first step to resolving this, change our password. The second step to resolving this is to wait for a member of the VM Forum Team (staff) to reach this thread and to discuss with you unlocking your mailbox. That'll take a day or so. So watch this space. Do not post your e-mail address or any other personal details.

If, as is likely, your notice to leave has taken effect than you will only have 90 days access to your mailbox after your notice expires. So if I were  you I'd arrange a new e-mail address now with a non-ISP linked provider and when you are unlocked transfer your contacts and mail to that address. 

On the other hand you might continue to throw your toys out of the pram.

oldgit19
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Howard,

After six days of failing to understand the VM system that promised to have the problem sorted by 10am on Sunday 21st June without giving any follow up information, I might be forgiven. But thanks for confirming the issue, this is my first time at using the community.

Thanks again regards, Ian  

0 Kudos