cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

wangcm
Tuning in

One of my ntlworld email addresses blocked. Received a warning email on the address not blocked, from internet-security @ virgin media. 
20-416597101 with reference: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F010186952

Having these addresses for over 15 years. Never happened before.
Finished malware scan with no problem found. changed password. Still can not get in the mailbox. 

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wangcm, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of these issues with your email access! If you have received this message one of our systems has identified suspicious activity happening in your email account. 

In the first instance I would recommend you have a quick look here: My Virgin media email has been hacked and ensure you have followed all the steps to secure your account. 

You can also see here for general support on managing your email account: How to manage my email account. 

You have done the right thing in performing a virus scan and trying to update the password - did you change this to a completely new, unique and secure password? If the password is associated with any other accounts we would recommend that you update this to be a unique one for this email alone. 
We would also recommend updating your secondary email security information (Ie your memorable word and reminder questions) to ensure a secondary layer of security. 

Please let us know how you get on following this! We will then offer further support if needed. 
All the best. 

Molly

Strange that:
Now on my mobile phone I have received a few emails to this blocked address and I can send replies seemed OK. But on my laptop when I tried to open my mailbox I got a "Forbidden" page!