Menu
CharlieG60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Hi 

I cannot get into my email account at the moment at all not even to change password, getting the following message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

Can you please help me, I urgently need access for work.

This previously happened about a year and a bit ago and I wasted many hours trying to sort it, and was never given an explantation as to why it happened. 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

@CharlieG60 wrote:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Have you tried following the advice here to rest your password https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... ?

Virgin Media always remain tight lipped about the exact reasons for locking an email account.

However, there is a clue in the advice towards the end of the post in that link where they say "In addition to the password reset, please also perform a full virus scan on all devices where you have used your email address to prevent your email address and IP address from being picked up by our spam and abuse system."

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you haven't been able to access your email, did you try what Coenoby advised, are you now able to access your Email.

If you aren't I will be more than happy to help further.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
CharlieG60
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes sorted thanks. The initial Virgin notification email was in in my spam folder win which I did not think of looking!

0 Kudos