Menu
FamilyRosewell
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Hi

We can not access an @ntlworld email account and it is linked to a number of other accounts like Amazon kindle. We get the "Your mailbox is not available at the moment" page that many other people seem to have got.

Consequently, we are getting stuck as password change verifications and OTP's are going to this @ntlworld email account. If we try to change the email address, a validation email is sent to the @ntlword email address confirming the switch...but we can't access the email account.

Have tried resetting password, but it says "Unable to find your username".

Cheers

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Normally that message indicates that the account has been temporarily locked for security reasons, however, the 'Unable to find your username' when trying to reset the password suggests there may be other issues as well.

Are you a current virgin media broadband customer with this ntlworld email address being linked to the account?

Edited to add: I see you were having issues with the username back in November - was that ever solved as the two things may well be connected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
FamilyRosewell
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The original @ntlworld email address in question was originally linked to our Virgin Media account which is still active, but the username was changed due to family circumstances.

However, the original @ntlworld email is the recovery email address for other services such as Amazon Kindle. We can not do Amazon password recovery or add devices to the library account because the OTP (One Time Passcode) is emailed to the original @ntlworld email address...that we can not access!

We just need to access to the account, even if just temporary, so that we can unlink accounts it is related to.

Cheers   

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When using the password reset route try entering the new username rather than the Ntlworld address.  If the username change was done correctly the password should be the same for the username and the underlying email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
FamilyRosewell
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We can log in to the Virgin Media account. That is not an issue.

But that does not give us access to the original @ntlworld inbox where all the emails are being sent.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So the Ntlworld address does not appear either in the Virgin Media Mail section of the My Profile tab or the Manage Accounts tab when signed into the My Virgin Media account?

0 Kudos
FamilyRosewell
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Correct on both points.

I would have thought it would have been one of the emails in the Manage Accounts section of the Profile, but it is not there. There are two additional accounts so we are not over our email account limit. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying that, it will help the VM staff when they reach this thread.

It seems the email address concerned is 'orphaned', which may make getting it unlocked more difficult.  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/m-p/3492073#M173058 

I will escalate this to the VM team and leave it to them to assist you further.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi FamilyRosewell,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't got access to your emails, when you advised there we changes due to family circumstances was the email address from another account which has now changed by a transfer of responsibility?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos