Menu
clivewa
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

My blueyonder email address (using Thunderbird) is not working today.  When I tried web access read my email I got the message :

What do I do about this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Hi clivewa,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having. 

Have you been able to try on different web browsers?

^Martin

0 Kudos
clivewa
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've only tried Firefox, which is the browser I normally use.  But another browser is not the solution for me.  The real problem is that my standard mailer (Thunderbird) does not receive any incoming messages.  I know the messages exist because I can read them on my mobile, using the standard mailer on my samsung s5.  But all my email is stored in thunderbird, and life is difficult when I have to read from another mailer..

I have tried rebooting the hub and my computer, each several times.  No joy there though.  Web access is not affected, Firefox is working normally, except when I try to read my virginmedia webmail.  This always gives me the following :

==============================================

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

==============================================

The problem started yesterday.  After I put a message on the community forum my email (via Thunderbird) worked as usual last night but defaulted to the "mailbox not available" message for webmail and 'logon failed' for thunderbird this morning.  This is the current state of things.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. What I will do is private message you so I can investigate this further. 

^Martin