Menu
Bawheed
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Hi my email has just stopped working, i know other people have had the same issue as myself.

Any ideas as how to resolve the issue

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

@Bawheed wrote:

Hi my email has just stopped working, i know other people have had the same issue as myself.

Any ideas as how to resolve the issue

That depends on what is causing the message to display.

I have been seeing this quite a lot recently when accessing VM webmail using the MS Edge (chrome version) browser.

Refreshing the page or clicking on the email tab in the menu bar usually rectifies the problem.

However, there are also cases where the same message appears after the VM security team have locked the account due to suspicious activity.  Unfortunately it can take a week or more for the letter advising you of this to arrive.

Try the refresh route, or another browser.

If you still get the message post back and the Forum Team can take a look at your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bawheed
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

I have tried using different browsers but same issue.

I cant access using my phone or direct from VM website.

I have tried contacting VM to see if for some reason there may be unusual activity on my account and they may have blocked it but due to covid i cant get an answer, i will try again tomorrow

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying.  As a 'Vip' member (click on the Learn more link in my signature for more details), I can alert the VM Forum Team to this so that it gets added to their priority response queue.

You should get a reply from then via this forum tomorrow. This is likely to be more effective than you going through the phone system.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bawheed
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply graham, i hope the mods can help as this has happened at a really inconvenient time as i am in the process of trying to organise funeral arrangements and dealing with the funeral directors who contact me via email is making this very difficult.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bawheed

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Condolences firstly from all at Virgin Media.

I'll PM you now to sort out the email issues.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM @Bawheed,

Just to update the thread, the mailbox has been enabled and should all be sorted now.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"