Menu
MabelEggo28
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

From https://www.virginmedia.com/ I select Email and enter my email address (the one attached to this account) and password. I then get a screen saying Sorry 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

The email account is working as it is forwarding to another address.

I tried ringing 150 and spoke to someone there but they could not help me.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Thank you for the information and welcome to our community Mabeleggo28.

Can we please confirm if this is the same if you try to access the web-chat through an alternative device or web browser? 

Or have you already tried to reset the password? If so, what happens after you reset this and try log in? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
MabelEggo28
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have changed the password, still same problem.

Email is being forwarded and that is still working. I just got a message that password had been changed.

If I use Outlook and set up a connection using POP3, testing gives:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 5.1.0 Authentication Required (VM401)

Regards - Steve

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The VM401 error message implies that you do not have the Outlook account set to use authentication via the username and password for the email address concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MabelEggo28
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maybe the Outlook thing was a red herring. Can we please concentrate on the main problem.

When trying to log into email from VirginMedia.Com I get "Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

I have changed the Password and still have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MabelEggo28, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're unable to access your online account. I would like to look into this on your behalf.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos