Menu
About_2_Quit
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

High Priority 

I have been. unable to access my emails for some time now - several months - and my username tells you I am about to leave as a result of lack of help and support.

I also have a secondary account with the same issue. 

This needs sorted now.

Mail me please with a solution. Clearly, it can't be sent to my virgin email. 

Thanks 

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Hello About_2_Quit, welcome to the community.  We need a little more information and then we can suggest some self-help ideas.  If that does not help, then you may need the Forum Team to look at your details in the VM system.  They try to respond within 24 hours, so it should be soon.  It won't be by email - it will be in this forum thread, and then by private message when secure data needs to be sent.

• Your message hints that you are a current VM residential broadband customer, correct?
  • Are the email addresses linked to your billing account (look in myvirginmedia, my profile/my services OR manage accounts tab)
  • Can you log in using webmail - if not tell us what error message you get?  https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox
  • If the problem is not webmail, what email client are you using?
  • Have you changed the password - this is one step in unlocking a locked mailbox, the Forum Team will do the rest if that is the problem.  Make sure it is one you have never used elsewhere.

Best wishes

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

About_2_Quit
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello and thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:

• I am a VM residential broadband customer
  • Yes, this email is attached to my billing account
  • The link gives me the same error message. I am not sure how to try logging in with webmail, but I have tried sending one. There appears to be no problem. I just can't check if it's there.
  • How do I check which email client I am using? I am on a Macbook Air if that helps. 
  • I have changed the password on a few occasions. I will change it once more if it could help

Thanks again and any other help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem - I'll flag this for the Forum Team's attention - wait for them to ask you to join in a private message for security.  @ModTeam 

FYI - An email client is a programme used to view your mailbox - so Outlook, Thunderbird, apple mail, the apps that come automatically on phones and tablets, or other apps you download to use on devices.

Webmail is basically an email client that VM provides for use in a web browser.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

About_2_Quit
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you again.

I have been redirecting everything to gmail, but up until then was using only V M for emails. 

I look forward to their private message.

Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about your email login woes About_2_Quit and for the frustration caused. I see @MissPasko has already asked you the important questions required so we can look for you 🙂

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can see which email address it is and look at your details. Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @About_2_Quit,

Can you try accessing your email accounts to see if you can get in? I've been told that you should be able to get in now.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
About_2_Quit
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

I tried earlier and yes, we can both access our emails. Thank you so much. You were a great help.

Whilst I am. here, could you please let me know if there is someone I can chat to online about my current package. Compared to other providers, is is way too much for what I am receiving. 

Thanks again 

John

Lisa_CC
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know that you're able to access your email accounts now John. What is it that you wish to discuss about your current package? I ask because we're not able to change packages on here however you may call our Care Team on 0345 454 1111 or text them on 0753 305 1809 and they will be able to help with your package. 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
About_2_Quit
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes I tried calling but had no reply. I am now trying the online chat again. If that fails, I'll text them.

Thanks again

John

0 Kudos