Menu
MikeStevenson5
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

I have been receiving this message for the past 24 hours whilst trying to access email on my main account which is a .virgin.net account.  I've had the account for over 10 years and it must have been transferred to virgin media sometime in the past.  I have a VirginMedia account number but don't use any of the services, only the virgin.net email address.  I can't access the account through webmail or any email programme either on my android mobile or Mac laptop.  The account contains a lot of important information.  I've just spent over an hour on the phone and been told that the account no longer exists?? I was also told that I had been sent a letter but that can't be true as VirginMedia don't have my home address.   I have tried changing my password and that goes ok but I still can't access my email.  Please help all you superstars!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Hello

As you dont have any Virginmedia services I am afraid that your Virgin.net email is classed as orphaned and could be deleted at any time, as per the terms and conditions when you have the dial up and normally would have been deleted 90 days after last use.

See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

I afraid that VM staff can do is too make sure it is deleted.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeStevenson5,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry this issue has occurred but don't worry, we can get it resolved for you here on the forums. The first thing I need to ask you to do is perform an anti-virus scan on all devices you’ve used the impacted email account on. This could be your phone, laptop, PC etc. 

Let me know once you've done that and I'll continue helping.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
MikeStevenson5
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan

Many thanks for your message.  I have now run virus scans on my android mobile phone and MacBook Air, these are the only devices I use to connect to VirginMedia. Both devices are virus free.

Best wishes

Mike

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mike,

thanks so much for doing that for me, I'll now send you a PM so I can get started on the things I need to do on my side 🙂

I'll be passing you on security, then re-enabling your mailbox so its nothing too complicated.

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeStevenson5,

Thanks so much for chatting with me in our PM's, I have tried my best to help you with this email issue however due to unforeseen aspects I could not help on this occasion as you do not have an active Virgin Media account with us 😞

I am sorry that I could not resolve it for you.

I wish you the best for the future though and please stay safe!

Kind regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos