Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Been getting this message all day. Your call centres are shut and another thread here says to create a new thread to log the error so here it is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Hi - I have the same problem - managed to get through to call centre via text today - they tried resetting my mailbox but were unsuccessful.  They have said that there are a few(more than?) that have the same problem so to give it another 24 hours....

Not sure that helps but at least you know it doesn't only affect you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i spoke to a call centre today. It would appear that many accounts were hacked in Feb 2020 and only now Virgnmedia have realised, Auto-forwarders were enabled on mailboxes.
Virgin in their wisdom, disabled the affected mailboxes this week and sent an email to the disabled account to tell us about it. Really good as we couldnt actually get that email!!

Anyway, I am back in now.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem. Good to know it could be sorted out.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes ...we found out the hard way.

VM never contacted us but when we got my wife's email back today after 4 days , noticed thousands of emails thanking her for signing up for lots of things...hidden in the volume were amazon transactions!

They hacked the account and redirected any emails from amazon to their address...result was over 2k lost from bank account !!!

VM clearly at fault but not interested.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well just went to check my question raised on this same subject  earlier today ...about 90 mins ago....and the questions has gone from the forum!

Very strange, but was a more detailed version of what I wrote above...and asking VM security staff to contact me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi foccer, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you were impacted by this - but thanks for keeping us posted and letting us know it's sorted now. @glenys and @notarobot if this is something you still need help with now please send me a PM confirming the email address and in question and I'll get back to you asap to help further.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

looks like my question has just reappeared.

so for those wanting to see the detail ... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Sorry-Your-mailbox-in-not-available-at-the-moment/m-p/429...

really like to speak to someone from VM about this fraud and how access to my wife's account (and everyone else's ) was possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @notarobot

All your posts are visible on our Community - we can see them fine, i am sorry you had some issues. 

We can see that you have now send a Private Message to Tom as he requested - he'll be back in touch to help you out ASAP. 

Remember, you can report any issues regarding financial lost to Action Fraud directly

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank You Katie,  yes we spent most of yesterday on to VM customer support,  bank to cancel cards, Amazon to try to lock the account, Police + Action Fraud.

The lovely people behind this have changed the amazon password +  enabled 2 stage authentication  (think thats the term)...so we are unable to access to account and Amazon say they cannot block or close the account !!

Note that this all stemmed from the Email account being hacked and having redirects set up , and many others are reporting the same thing on this forum and elsewhere.  So this is a significant problem out there.

0 Kudos