Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I have has this problem for several days now. I have changed my password but nothing seems tio have happened, I still can't access my mailbox. Can it be reactivated?

thanks

Geoff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Hello

I take it you still have a Broadband contract with Virginmedia.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes I do still have a contract with virgin but still use an old ntl email address.

Geoff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The you had better read two things.

First - VM will treat your NTLworld address as if you were NOT a customer:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/td-p/4092021

and this may apply to you

second, and this is the more likely situation, VM are in the process of closing your NTLworld address because they cannot identify that it is linked to a current VM broadband account (it isn't).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

VM staff will need to intervene to help. Read the stuff on "move and transfer". It is your only hope. Wait here for them to respond in this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi grideout1

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. Sorry that you're having difficulties trying to access your emails with us. 

When was the last time you were able to access your emails? Are you trying to access them through our web page?

Please come back to us so we can assist 

Thanks Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Quick note - the error message reported by the OP is only displayed when access is via VM's web page. OP also says last access was several days ago. Perhaps last weekend?

The error message appears in two circumstances. When VM security have locked the account because of spam being sent using the account credentials. Or it is in the process of being deleted as an orphan. As the OP says the address is not associated with a current VM broadband account the second options seems the more likely, in our general experience of these issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I should also add that there is a third circumstance - the mail box is damaged and VM IT need to intervene to repair it.

My bet is still on the second cause.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I see that the OP was involved in one of the megathreads we had this summer when hundreds were locked out of their mailboxes.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-log-into-webmail/m-p/4034240#M177017

If there is an orphan address situation, it is a shame this wasn't sorted out back then!  😩

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

About a week ago. I use both your web page & my mobile to access emails& both have stopped working. I think my account may have been hijacked to send spam so has been closed as a precaution however changing my password doesn't seem to have helped.

thanks

Geoff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

Any updates on this? Really frustrating having no email account.

thanks

Geoff

0 Kudos