Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment ....

One of my secondary accounts has been accessible for 3 days now.   Every time I am directed to https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html , and it is this message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I'm unaware of any password issues and just simply don't know what to do.

Thanks

N

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment ....

You need to follow the instructions in the error message.

Call the number and select broadband faults.  It will probably need a referral to the 2nd line team for resolution.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Gosh I was really hoping to avoid having to call 😞   Takes hours.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The alternative is to wait for 24 hours or so for the Forum Team to respond to your post.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ntruby,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your email account, I'm sorry that you've had trouble accessing one of your inboxes.

It doesn't look like you've been in touch with our faults team yet, we'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you. As Graham has said, we may need to raise an IT ticket to look into this further, but there are certainly a couple of things we can try first.

Before we take this any further, could you please let me know whether you've tried using the "forgot password" link to reset your login details? Does this allow you to gain access?

If not, I'll need to confirm a few details and clear account security with you, so I'll drop you a private message now. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond. If resetting your password solves the problem, you're welcome to let me know here rather than providing the requested information in private.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael

Yes I have tried the reser password link,but no dice.

The odd thing is the account can log on fine to the Virgin Media portal.  It just goes wrong when I try to access mail with this secondary account.

I've replied to your Private Message.

Thanks

Neil

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Neil,

Thanks again for joining me for a pm 🙂 I'm really glad we've sorted out your email access and you're able to login with no trouble.

This error message is usually caused by a number of incorrect password attempts and should usually clear after an hour. If this happens frequently, or other suspicious activity is flagged, sometimes it needs manually re-enabling. It can also happen that the account falls out of sync, meaning we have to realign things in our directory.

If this happens again, don't attempt to login too many times too close together. If you still have no luck, drop us another post on here and we'll get it sorted for you. Of course, we're always here to help with any other queries or concerns relating to your Virgin services.

Thanks,

Rachael