cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using

BMWCHUBB
Up to speed

your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I see from your posting history that you had an issue last week with your username but you reported that it was fixed.

For your latest problem try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi BMWCHUBB,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you're having some issues with your email.

Can you confirm you've tried the advice from Graham_A ?

Let me know if you still need help.

Alex_Rm

BMWCHUBB
Up to speed

for the last 10 years i was not allowed?

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Then this?

A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware

Dear Mrs West,

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

It is important that you:

a. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software
b. Reset your password to something new, unique to this account and secure.

After resetting your password, your mailbox will automatically be unlocked after 15 minutes.

Please ensure that the above points have been completed to prevent your mailbox from being locked again.

More help and support

For extra advice, or to double-check that this is a genuine Virgin Media communication, head to our community at virginmedia.com/community, click 'Help forum' and join the conversation on the Security Matters board.

Hi BMWCHUBB, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread. 

If you've been able to see the mail from our security team then it sounds as though you're not able to access your mails again. 

If this isn't the case and you're still having an issue, please follow the advice in the thread Graham_A posted earlier. Once you have reset your password to something unique that you've never used before, wait 1 hour before trying to log in. After the hour has passed, the mailbox should be unlocked. 

If you're unable to reset the password, or the email address is no longer associated with an active broadband account, let us know so we can help further. 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

its web mail i carnt get to.

So to confirm are you able to access your email address through other web clients?

^Martin

Yes.

I use em client.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Have you previously been resetting the password though your my virgin media account?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

yes,