Menu
Tig2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour

Every few days I get locked out of my Virgin Media email account, which is an address ending in virgin.net.

Last time I was able to reset the password and regain access, but only by using a different browser. Today I cannot reset the password, so am locked out of my account again.

Someone else in the same building has had the same problem with their email address (a virginmedia.com one). Once again, they were able to reset the password and login.

Please can you explain why this keeps happening every few days? Is it perhaps that your spam filters are too sensitive and they're blocking accounts with legitimate email? Neither myself or my friend has clicked on any 'dodgy' links and nor are our computers infected with a virus or malware.

This is the full message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour

Hi Tig2,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you are locked out of your .Net email, is this still attached to a active Virgin account and have we helped you unlock this in the past?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Tig2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

It is attached to my dead ex-husband's account, but there is an active Virgin Media account for this household now. I want it to be attached to that if possible.

Also, when I got locked out of Virgin email (am still locked out now), some of my emails were deleted from my computer. I don't understand how that has happened, as it's not IMAP, the settings are POP.

No, you haven't helped me to unlock this in the past.

0 Kudos
Tig2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Could someone please help with this?. The problem is stopping me sending me emails from another account, because Virgin is blocking it and asking for my password (which doesn't work, even though I somehow managed to reset it last night).

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @Tig2.

I have refreshed your mailboxes connections to the server. Please can you try to send an email again and let me know if anything has changed?

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Tig2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes, I can send now.

Please can you tell me why this keeps happening? All was fine for several weeks and then it all started again.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

We're glad to hear that is sorted for you Tig2.

We do appreciate the frustration with this. Sometimes issues can occur but I can assure we will work to resolved these as quickly as possible.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Tig2
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Martin
I hear what you're saying, but these issues never used to occur?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

As things stand we don't have anything we are able to share with customers regarding these issues. Once these problems do occur we will always work as hard as possible to get this resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

@Tig2

You are possibly unaware of the extent by which the volume of Spam emails exceeds that of all legitimate non-spam email.

See

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1270424/daily-spam-volume-global/

for some eye-opening stats on the subject.

For example -

Between October 2020 and September 2021, global daily spam volume reached its highest point in July 2021, with almost 283 billion spam emails from a total of 336.41 billion sent emails.

That’s approximately 84% Spam, 16% non-spam.

The email providers/processors naturally seek to constantly improve their spam filter and identification processes. This ever-escalating battle between the spammers and the email providers is the main reason you can say - “these issues never used to occur”. The spammers get ever more devious and the providers have to react quicker (not always with correct solutions). Given that every main provider is responsible for their own spam protection processes, there will never be a single global solution to the problem and some will always be better than others at it.

0 Kudos