cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your device may have a malware infection

seawarde
Joining in

Upon receipt of an email pertaining to the above, I changed my password one hour forty minutes ago and my mail box is still locked.

Please advise as to next course of action.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

The messages or letters from VM usually specify which malware / virus was detected in your environment.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @seawarde,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues accessing your mailbox after resetting your password.

Can you tell us if you're still having issues accessing your mailbox? You can take a look at our Login Problems page for more information about this. Once you scroll down to the 'I’m having Virgin Media Mail sign in problems' section, you can click on the 'your email account has been locked' tab which will advise you further steps on what to do in this situation.

Please let us know if you need any more assistance, we're here to help if needed.

Thanks! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Client 62,

The specific message was

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

There was no further details, merely suggestions to be followed.

Thank you

Dear Paulina_Z and the Forum Team,

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. It has proved successful, I have regained access to my mailbox.

Kindest regards

Chris Ward