cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

trevorhughes57
Joining in

Please help. I had an issue where I couldn't access my @blueyonder.co.uk e-mails a couple of months ago and this has happened again. I have changed the password and e-mail address on my Virgin account and this has made no difference. I now can't change the e-mail address on my account back!

Many thanks,

Trevor 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@trevorhughes57  The new security system that VM have introduced requires changing the log in username for the email account to a third party email address.  This doesn't change the underlying email address so there is no requirement to change the email address back.

If the username change has been completed and verified and the password subsequently changed using the verification code sent to the new username address you should then be able to sign into the email address via VM webmail using the new username and password.

If this isn't working for you what error message are you seeing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your message. I'm unable to even get to the log in screen for Virgin Mail anymore. I've tried clearing cache etc. I'm trying to access my @blueyonder.co.uk e-mails and I changed the Virgin Media sign in e-mail address to @gmail.com (which I have verified). I can't access my @blueyonder.co.uk e-mails any more and this is the only e-mail account that I use / want to use. I don't understand how changing the sign in e-mail address to a gmail.com account would fix my @blueyonder.co.uk e-mails. Any other ideas? Cheers

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@trevorhughes57 Is the blueyonder email address concerned linked to your current VM broadband account?  Often these cases result from an old email address no longer being connected to a current VM broadband account due to a previous move where a move and transfer process hasn't been applied.

Edit: changing the username to a third party email address does not in itself resolve the issue, however it is the route to changing the password for the email address concerned.  Each VM email address, including additional addresses have their own My Virgin Media account associated with them and each will require a different third party email address as the username.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks