cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

mergleb
Tuning in

I am getting this again every time I try to access my emails. Been happening all day and I NEED to be able to access my emails as I am working from home!!

I have followed all those instructions about changing passwords etc and it doesn't work.

What do I do? 

Who is able to sort this out for me?

9 REPLIES 9

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi megleb, thank you for reaching out on our help forums and sorry to see you're facing issues with accessing your email account.

We'd love to best assist with this, just to be sure all checks have been made regarding this problem could you kindly confirm if you've followed the below steps and what was the outcome:

Step 1: Recover the MyVM Password

• Select sign in 
  • Select Forgotten your email or password? under the password box 
  • Follow the instructions to change your password 

Step 2: Generate a new E-mail App Password
This must be completed by the customer, regardless of if they use 3rd party mailbox apps.

• Sign in to My Virgin Media 
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details 
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail 
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password 
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked 
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password. 

Please, let us know and we'll be eager to support you further from there.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have done all that. Several times. I even rang the customer support who reset the password from her end. I am still getting the same page saying unavailable.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this, mergleb.

We're sorry to hear the password reset has not resolved this either, did the team raise a ticket for this error as well? 
What more did we advise that we've done to help on your previous call?

Adri
Forum Team

The lady I spoke to assured me she had fixed the problem. It didn't work. No ticket has been raised as far as I know.

Who do I need to turn to to get this resolved. Yourselves or ring up again? It is intolerable.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to see it's not been raised for you so we can resolve the errors online, I will be happy to assist with that.

For doing so I'll need to message you privately here soon.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

mergleb
Tuning in

Can I please have an update on this?

I had a private conversation with a Forum Host on Friday but have no update since then.

I need to access emails for work.

KPardoe
On our wavelength

Why give the same info that seems to not work for other people, Adri_G?  I've posted several times since my email access ceased to work (19/06/23) and have NEVER had a moderator reply.  I have also had contact with VM via phone and been told they will email when everything is okay.  Very odd, being as I can't log into my email via the web...

Surveyor
Just joined

I have had the same problem for one week now. I've been through the same routine with a customer advisor as well as setting a new strong password which still doesn't let me login to my virgin email account. I was passed on to Technical Support who checked and told me to wait for a call back in half an hour. Two and a half hours later I had a voicemail message mostly unintelligible with the final words 'we will let you know when we have solved the problem'. Still waiting ........

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Surveyor 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue

We're aware of an issue affecting multiple customers where they are unable to access their email accounts and our support teams are working flat out to have this resolved as soon as they possibly can. My apologies for any inconvenience

Travis_M
Forum Team