cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable....

Josip
On our wavelength

I have been locked out of my emails this afternoon.  I am trying to sign in but I get the message “Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable.  This is because your Virgin Media Account is locked, or because you don’t have an account with us anymore.  Follow these steps etc   . …………….”

Those instructions don’t work because I can still access My Virgin Media Account but not emails.  I’ve been a customer for over 23 years. 

This couldn’t have happened at a worse time as currently selling my house and all concerned use my Virgin media email.  I noticed this happened to someone else a week ago and was resolved by intervention of Forum staff.  Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Josip, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in the community. 

We're sorry to hear your email account has been locked. There are some steps you'll need to follow in order to resolve this. 

• Please log in to My Virgin Media here > Click on Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > scroll down to the App password section and click the Generate new App password button.
  • You should get a pop up message asking you to verify your email address and you'll need to use a 3rd party email address to continue. You'll be sent a one time passcode to enter on the next page to verify it's you. Once verified you can then update the mail password.
  • Wait 10 minutes and the Virgin Media email address should unlock. 

These changes have been put in place as Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is now required. Just as a side note, when logging in to My VM, you will continue to use your current log in details. 

Please let me know how you get on and apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Josip
On our wavelength

Hi Kath,

sorry about the delay in responding.  I followed the instructions I found elsewhere on the forum which I think were the same as yours but it didn't work.  I'm useless at understanding how and why email works but had I not accidently resolved the issue by trying various methods I would still have no email at this very important time.  To think what I pay Virgin each month and for them just to lock my account without notifying me is scandalous.  Now just to add to the problem I cannot access email again.  Monday pm.  Just a blank page saying FORBIDDEN across the top.  Any help would be appreciated.

I should add that in resolving the problem last week I used a third party email address and new password to access my account.  Now I can't get to a login page.  

Second edit.  I've just tried following your instructions above to see it that would work.  Got to "Virgin Media Mail Settings" clicked that then got this message......

Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again
Try again

Best wishes Josip

Hi Josip,

When you are trying to log in are you using a 3rd party Email address, you still need to use your usual My VM username and password to log in.

Regards

Paul.

Josip
On our wavelength

Hi Paul,

When I regained access last week it was only after setting up a new 3rd party email and used that and a new password.  I don't get the opportunity to use a password the initial email page won't load  only blank except for the FORBIDDEN message.  This seems to be a problem with many customers for many months now.

Josip
On our wavelength

I would add that I can still access My VM.  Checking my account details it is the new 3rd party email address and password that I am using that lets me access VM.  

Hi Josip,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused, the Email issue was resolved, if you still do not have full access please change the password.

Regards

Paul.