Menu
doland
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Years of emails have disappeared

Can anybody help me.  I went to check my emails on the morning of 29/12/2021 to find thousands of them gone.  Completely disappeared.  I have been onto VM since then and have heard nothing back.  I am now on hold for the third time as when I explain my situation they put me on hold and then I seem to get cut off.  Some of the emails are very important.  I have reset my email password but I still don't have my old ones back.  Also all the emails I sent from 1/11/2021 have been erased.  Can anybody help me as VM really haven't been helpful.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Years of emails have disappeared

it is a regrettable situation and if the missing emails cannot be located trying the following then they are, unfortunately, considered to be unrecoverable:

• sign into webmail
  • select ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email
  • scroll to foot of page,  select Change IMAP subscriptions
  • select to expand folder view and repeat until all folders are visible
  • make sure all folders are selected (✓)
  • select Save and then Email (located top left)
  • press Ctrl + Shift + R to refresh page and confirm any folders selected in previous steps are shown
  • check that the missing emails are not in the Trash folder, Archive folders, or any other folder

If you suspect the loss of emails is due to miscreant activity then follow the advice here, My Virgin Media account has been hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
doland
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for trying to help.  I'm devastated. I had some very personal emails that have now gone forever and I simply cannot get an answer from VM as to what and why it has happened.

Thanks again,

Donna

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @doland

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you're unable to access your older emails - what did the team advise via the phone when you've spoken to them? Have you tried the above advice from @用心棒

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos