Menu
Gorno
Settling in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wrong email on account

When my parents set up the virgin media account they miss typed one or two letters in the email and when i try reset the password to log in to the account it tells me to log into the email attached to the account which i cant since its the wrong email. Any help i need to be in the account asap since im swapping broadband.

Cheers for any help Andrew H

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong email on account

The email address acts as the username for the account.  What happens if you try to log in with the miss spelt email address?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Look this may sound harsh, but the general rule is that VM will only deal with the account holder. I'm guessing from this that your parents are no longer account holders and that you have been using the account but are now moving to another supplier or keeping VM and moving home?

A little more detail would help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Gorno
Settling in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My parents are not very tech wise people so i told them i would take over the future broadband and pay for it myself and take over and try and cancel this broadband we have now. I cant log in to the account with the wrong email since i do not have the password nor can i reset the password because i dont have access to the wrong email.
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

But you haven't actually transferred the account into your name? VM don't care who pays for broadband but they will only talk to the account holders. On that assumption that you haven't no one can help you. Only you parents can cancel the account. Sorry but the data protection rules are very strict.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The forgotten password routine does not require access to the actual email account.  Have you tried it using the incorrectly spelt email as the username?

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Gorno
Settling in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

can not reset. They forgot the security question and the next step is to use the link in the email address attached to the account which i do not have.
0 Kudos
Gorno
Settling in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Then whom do i call or email to get my parents to cancel ? we dont have any letters / bills from them since i assume everything is on EBILL now or something.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If they pay the monthly bill by direct debit they should be able to establish the VM account number from the reference appearing on bank statements.

Normally the numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.). But with reduced numbers of staff avail wait times can be long.

There is a text service available as well: When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service