Menu
Scotia3
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wish to delete email addresses

We cancelled our contract with Virgin in September 2020. Despite writing and phoning to request that our email addresses be deleted. This has still not occurred. Our virgin account has been closed but spam and unwanted emails still continue to appear on my phone etc. I do not want people to still consider these addresses active. I would be grateful for some advice. Thank you

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wish to delete email addresses

@Scotia3 wrote:

We cancelled our contract with Virgin in September 2020. Despite writing and phoning to request that our email addresses be deleted. I would be grateful for some advice.

As you probably realise, Virgin Media say that any email accounts linked to a VM broadband account will be closed 90 days after the broadband account is closed.

However in practice VM often seem to allow such accounts to soldier on, sometimes for years. There  is also the added issue that on occasions it seems that the deletion process does not fully complete. That results in the situation where the user can no longer access their old account but the address itself is still active and receiving new mail.

However, help is at hand. 😊

Wait for one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support the forum) to contact you via this thread. They will take your details by private message and arrange to get the accounts deleted for you.

The team may take a day or so to catch up with this thread but they will sort it for you.

BTW, again you probably realise this, but once you are advised that the accounts have been deleted you can check that they are no longer active by sending a test email to each one and confirming that you get a delivery failure message back. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Scotia3
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. Will await a response from the team 

0 Kudos
Harvey13
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coenoby, I posted a request for help with deleting my email account yesterday but haven't heard anything - how soon should I expect one of the Team to pick it up?

Thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Every time you post, your thread goes to the back of the queue. That's how the software works. Just be patient. Should get reached sometime today or tomorrow - as long as there is no further activity on this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Scotia3

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving spam to your Virgin Media email address, I can appreciate this is super frustrating, apologies about that. 

I'm glad to see the community we're able to advise you on this. To confirm, has it been 90 days since you closed the account? 

I'm going to send you a PM to get your details so we can get the closure of the email account arranged for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing that information over PM @Scotia3.

I have raised this with IT under the reference P010517465, I have requested the closure of all email addresses provided.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress of this. 

Thanks 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Scotia3

Just had an update from the IT team in regard to ticket P010517465, all email addresses have now been deleted. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

0 Kudos