Menu
Mac126
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Windows Live Mail 2011 showing error for ntlworld email

Hi,

This message appeared and I can no longer download emails.  Is there a fix?

Thanks!

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.ntlworld.com account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows Live Mail 2011 showing error for ntlworld email

Hello

Which operating system are you using ? The error is actually a Microsoft one have a look at what I have posted to repair this.

Error 0x800C013E usually indicates that a corruption of some kind has occurred in the store folder (the folder where messages, calendars and account settings are stored). Depending on how complicated your store folder is (many accounts, many calendars, many messages in many folders), it may be simplest just to create a new store folder and repopulate it:

1. While viewing your message list in Windows Live Mail, press Ctrl-Shift-O for Options. On the Advanced tab, click Maintenance and then Store folder. Copy the path shown for the location of the store folder.

2. Close down Windows Live Mail and wait a few minutes (the program will continue to run in the background while it does its housekeeping).

3. Press Windows key + E to open an Explorer window, then paste or type the path you copied at (1) into the address bar and press Enter. This should open your store folder.

4. Right-click on the folder name in the navigation pane and select Rename. Call it Live Mail Backup.

5. A repair should check that all the program files are present and correct and properly registered where necessary. To do this, close all running programs, then press Windows key + R, type wlarp and press Enter. In the window that opens, select Repair all Windows Essentials programs:

When it's finished, reboot the computer.

6. Launch Windows Live Mail and wait until the program settles down before doing anything. Then press Ctrl-Shift-T to start the Add your email accounts wizard and follow the prompts to add your email accounts again.

7. Click once on Working online on the status bar and disconnect from the Internet to prevent interference from email downloads, then use File > Import messages (Alt-F I) and point the wizard at the Live Mail Backup folder. Don't interfere while the import is going on. Your messages will be under Imported folders in Storage folders.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your Windows Live Mail version is 2011 & the last version released was 2012. Unfortunately it may be difficult to find an official download site but I have this version on my MediaFire site. If you wish me to post the link then let me know.

You’re still using the NTL servers so these should be changed to the newer VM ones:
pop.virginmedia.com
SSL yes
Port 995

smtp.virginmedia.com
SSL yes
Port 465

Sololobo
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In addition to using the recommended server settings as noted by Anankha, if you're using Windows 10 try running Windows Live Mail as Admin and in compatibility mode

Go to either C:\Program Files\Windows Live Mail or C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows LiveMail

1. Right-click on the wlmail.exe file and open Properties.
  2. Select the Compatibility tab.
  3. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box and, from the drop-down menu, select Windows 7.
  4. Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
  5. Confirm changes and restart the Windows Live Mail client.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Windows Essentials 2012, including Windows Live Mail 2011 & 2012, reached end of support on 10th January 2017, and is no longer available for download from Microsoft.

You should be planning what to move your email to – before WLM stops working at some future date – possibly at zero notice – and with no help from Microsoft when it does.

0 Kudos